Visit the Museum's social media pages and follow #BocaMuseumatHome to be updated with ongoing tips and free online activities, as our Museum's way of being of service to the community.
Being inspired and creative have not been canceled. Art, culture, and creativity have always made a difference in powerful ways, especially during challenging times. We are grateful for your support and plan to give back to the community. A special new series called Keep Kids Smart with ART will be available online to help parents and their children who are home from school. You will find other new digital programs especially made by the Museum for all ages.
According to the National School Boards Association, children and teens who study art are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement. Studies show that art helps all students of every age to earn higher report card grades, because skills developed through art and creativity lead to better learning skills in all other areas.
Tips for parents and students on using art in your home:
- Provide a special “creative zone” at home
- Make sure that your "creative zone" is mess-friendly and able to stand up well to spills and art-related fun
- Focus on the fun process, not on the outcome
- Create a special area to showcase your child’s artwork
- Watch and encourage your children as they work on their art
- Ask them questions to engage them while they create
We look forward to seeing your masterpieces and continuing the conversations on our social media channels.