About This Event
Gain insight into the making of good composition by learning to apply basic principles to your art work. Consideration will be given to approaches such as the golden mean, hierarchy, laws of odds and thirds, symmetry/asymmetry, and leading the eye into and through the art. Try different choices and arrangements of still life objects. Sketch a variety of placements of the setup in different drawing formats. Students will use the best experimental sketch to develop a well composed drawing.
Stop by the Art School gift shop to browse works of art by our instructors available for sale. You're sure to find that unique gift.
- One of a kind specialties
- Always something new to see
- Support your favorite instructor
Looking for event space to host your next gathering? The art school provides the atmosphere, you bring the refreshments.
- Private options
- Corporate options
- Custom enhancements available
- Collaborative activities available
Did you know that becoming a museum member automatically qualifies you for discounts at the Art School?
- 5% discount for Individual and Household level members
- 10% discount for member levels above Individual and Household
Your donation and generosity helps the Art School continue to improve: