Career Post Duration
The Boca Raton Museum of Art is seeking an experienced visual arts educator to teach studio art classes at the Museum for K-12 students in our Education Mornings program. This is a part-time position, with classes offered most Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday mornings from September to April. The teaching artist will be hired on a contract basis.
- Design and facilitate age-appropriate studio art lessons for K-12 students related to artworks in the Museum collection
- Assist with set-up and clean-up of materials and classroom space
- Greet student groups and create a welcoming, supportive classroom environment
- Participate in training and professional development as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Approximately 9:30AM-12:30 PM
- Tuesday-Thursday, on 60 dates from September- April.
- Additional hours may be needed for training and administration.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and letter of interest detailing their qualifications for the position.
- Bachelor’s degree in art, education, or related field
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience with K-12 students
- Strongly preferred: current teaching licensure
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Excellent classroom management skills
- Comfort and skill with varied artistic media
- Friendly, empathetic, flexible, kind, creative, and passionate about arts education
- Reliable transportation