The Group Sales Associate is the primary staff person responsible for actively prospecting for, soliciting, securing group visits (tour and non-tour groups) and coordinating the daily operations of group sales. The core focus of this position is the development of sustained group attendance that meets established annual revenue and visitation goals. The Group Sales Associate performs a range of duties including generating and following up on leads, selling group visits, processing and coordinating all requests for groups, handling group customer inquiries, producing status reports, and generating sales data. Additional duties include working with the local visitors’ bureau and concierge organizations to build the Museum’s presence in the tourism industry, toward the goal of increasing attendance. The position also provides assistance to the Director of Marketing and Visitor Engagement and marketing team and works cross-departmentally to coordinate special events as needed.
- Identify and pursue strategic opportunities for capturing volume admission sales from targeted constituencies.
- Solicit and monitor leads for Group Sales based on revenue and attendance goals set with Director of Marketing and Visitor Engagement.
- Meet or exceed goals for new and returning group sales contracts.
- In consultation with the Director of Marketing, formulate and implement proactive Group Sales marketing campaigns.
- Maintain group database and track Group Sales leads, inquiries, lost business, sales revenue, and provide ongoing status reports as required.
- Develop and participate in targeted group outreach events and programs; make personal appearances to sell group tours.
- Coordinate and process all phases of group contracts; book orders, secure deposits and payments for group ticket sales, group tours, and VIP tour reservations through ticketure Ticketing system.
- Establish and maintain relationships with travel, tourism,convention and meeting partners with a strong focus on Tour Wholesalers and Tour Operators.
- Achieve established group attendance targets as assigned including day of week distribution and revenue.
- Report on customer relationships, sales forecasts, and new prospects.
- Participate in related sales activities, FAM events, programs, sales missions and tradeshows to achieve the sales targets.
- Coordinate with Visitor Services & Education Department staff to schedule and confirm Group Sales reservations and tour requirements.
- Assure availability of private docents/guides with the Education Department for all groups requesting a guided tour.
- Arrange VIP tours with approved staff and designated guides as requested.
- Working with Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager to provide direction for all Group Sales collateral production.
- Follow up with group sales customers to determine satisfaction.
- Work cross-departmentally to book and coordinate occasional special events as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a temporary position intended for the period of May 2021 through March 2022
No benefits offered
Hours of Position
40 hours per week- Non-exempt/hourly base + commission
May be required to work weekends and some evenings
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related discipline: communications, business, arts administration, or museum studies preferred.
- 3+ years of group sales experience preferably in a museum or cultural attraction.
- Customer service oriented and possesses a friendly, helpful attitude
- Excellent verbal and written communications with an emphasis on persuasion and generating action.
- Demonstrated time management skills and detail-oriented.
- Analytical and report writing skills.
- Accuracy, timeliness and strong organizational skills essential.