Qualified individuals will assist the Education Department:
- supporting with the implementation of various K-12 academic programs such as Education Mornings. Responsibilities include inventory of art supplies, executing the program, and photo-documenting
- preparing and implementing of adult programs such as lectures, demonstrations, and musical performances
- creating family treasure hunts for special and permanent exhibitions
- researching in-depth for upcoming exhibitions and individual artists
- developing museum lessons based on museum collections
- working on the teaching collection
- organizing and updating docent files, tracking hours of service, etc.
Interested applicants should email:
- letter of interest
- email three references
Applicants should be upper division (junior or senior)/graduate students majoring in an education, art-related, or museum-related discipline. They should be organized, detail-oriented, and computer literate. Applicants should also have a general knowledge of art terminology and education theories/practices, possess excellent writing skills and LOVE working with people. The internship places you in a dedicated, professional, and dynamic education office.
Hours: 12 hours/week
Spring Semester – October 10
Summer Semester – March 10
Fall Semester – June 10