Career Post Duration
Under the Direction of the Art School Director and supervision of Art School Facilities Manager, the Studio Technician is responsible for janitorial functions, and area setups associated with the Art School.
Hours of Position:
- Part-Time Seasonal (less than 30 hours)
The Boca Raton Museum of Art is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment without regard to race, creed, color, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- Maintains a safe environment for the facility, staff, constituents and guests of the School;
- Adheres to safety regulations;
- Responsible for daily janitorial and housekeeping throughout the Art School, including cleaning restrooms, studios, kitchen, office, trash removal, etc.
- Responsible for preparation of classrooms, for exhibition installations (building and/or removal of
partitions/walls/cases; painting; etc.);
- Responsible for facility set-up for School’s activities;
- Responsible to move furniture, AV and other equipment as needed for special events
- Responsible to load and unload trucks; move furniture, supplies, equipment, books and maintenance
- Other duties as assigned
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform essential functions of this job.
- Incumbent may be required to work extended hours or on weekends when the work load requires.
- Stands and walks throughout the workday, including sitting and bending; reaches, lifts, carries and manipulates various materials, supplies, and equipment; arranges furniture.=
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors
- Work may require exposure to gas, smoke, dust and solvents
- Incumbent required to wear protective gear when appropriate (PPE will be assigned as needed)
- Must be able to function independently
- Must be in good general health
- Work requires continuous activity and with frequent interruptions;
- High school diploma or GED.
- 3+ years’ experience in related field.
- Competence with computer software (Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, etc.) Valid driver’s license.
- Must possess positive interpersonal skills to effectively communicate; possess problem solving skills; and proficient use of basic equipment skills relevant to the position.
- Prioritize assigned tasks; follow directions; and work independently
- Communicate effectively in both oral and written form with staff, and public; maintain professional and pleasant demeanor
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
- Other Duties as assigned