For your protection of the works of art and our visitors, visitors may be asked to present all carried items for inspection upon entering the Boca Raton Museum of Art. The Museum is not responsible for loss or damage to all items (including laptop computers, cameras, and other items of substantial value) checked at the Front Desk. The following policies apply when you visit the Museum:
Rules in the Gallery
- Children under the age of 12 must be supervised by an adult at all times.
- Food and beverages are not allowed in the galleries.
- Artwork cannot be touched. Dirt, oils and salts on our skin can harm the art. Additionally, some of the art is delicate and can be broken or permanently damaged. Help us protect works of art and preserve our common heritage for future generations.
- For the safety of the art, please keep at least 3 feet from the artwork. Guards may gently remind visitors if they get too close.
- Small benches are available in the Museum to extend your visit and provide relief. Visitors may use benches and should return them from where they were selected.
- Due to the size of our galleries, only one tour leader may address a group in a given gallery at any time. Self-guided groups are at all times expected to yield to tour groups led by BRMA docents or staff.
- Use of tobacco, nicotine, e-cigarettes and related paraphernalia are not permitted in the Museum or Museum Sculpture Garden.
- Cell phone conversations are not allowed in the galleries as they disturb other visitors. Please step outside the Main Entrance or into the Sculpture Garden to carry on conversations.
For the safety of the artwork and visitors, we ask that you please limit the size and number of items that you bring in to the Museum. Nothing may be carried on your back (such as drawstring bags, backpacks, and/or baby carriers). Any bag or other items larger than 17 x 14 inches that cannot be carried safely, must be stored in our complimentary lockers. Umbrellas are not permitted in the galleries and must be stored in the umbrella stands or stored in a locker. Lockers are located behind the Visitor Experience desk in the lobby.
Photography and Videography
Photography and videography of artwork for personal use is permitted except in special exhibitions and where specifically prohibited. The use of flash is strictly prohibited. Monopods, tripods and selfie sticks are not permitted. Only visitors that have consented to participate may be photographed and/or videotaped.
For press and other special photography/videography, please contact the Marketing Department 561.392.2500 x101 approximately one week in advance to make an appointment.
Sketching and Painting
The Museum welcomes and encourages the creation of art in the galleries. Please do not hinder visitor traffic flow in the galleries. During periods of high attendance, the Museum reserves the right to make any necessary adjustments to this sketching policy.
Kindly remember the following items:
- Walk-In Visitors: The Museum encourages sketching in the galleries with only graphite and colored pencils. Please bring your own supplies.
- Art Students and Artists: Students/artists may bring and use pencils, kneaded erasers, and drawing pads/boards up to 18 x 24 inches.
Accessibility and Service Animals
Please see our Accessibility commitments at this link.
Precautions for Covid-19
Face coverings remain optional, however the recent update from the CDC recommends that they be worn in crowded areas. We encourage all guests to use the hand sanitizing stations placed throughout the Museum.
Based on recent trends and regulatory guidance, the Boca Raton Museum of Art will be making adjustments to these measures, which may continue to change at any time without notice.
Learn more about the latest CDC recommendations at the Centers for Disease Control website.